Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Week 1 1/2 Update- 7 Project/ Experiment

To see what I will be doing for the next 7 months to finish out the year and read about the background behind this project click here.

 
Let me start out by saying I clearly didn't think this through because ummmm there is no M&M's on my list of 7 foods for this month. How could I be so stupid? :) Part of me is very proud of myself for going this long eating the same 7 foods each day and part of me is scared. 10 days down 20 more to go. And I am really getting tired of canned collard greens.
This first week has already brought so much to my attention. First, I realized how much I talk about food and think about food. We as people congregate around food, celebrate with food, eat when we're happy, eat when we're sad, eat when we're scared, etc... It is something a lot of us have become prone to doing. I always said I was thankful for my food. I always said a prayer thanking God for my meal. But too many times that was followed by a complaint or by me throwing half of it away because the "other half wasn't as juicy". The fact that there are 7 foods at my dispense at all times in usually whatever quantities I want, blows my mind.  I have really taken my food for granted.
Just yesterday when I was getting a little hungry (which equals a little cranky) I had a little come to Jesus meeting and he brought this verse to my attention:
Ephesians 5: 18 "Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit." 
Debauchery means excessive indulgences and God uses wine as the general reference here. Too much of anything is bad. God wants to bless us and he doesn't want us to feel guilty about what we have. It is when we indulge in excess of that, that we are making a mistake.
Though I am only about 1/3 of the way through this month, and I can already tell you I will not want plain chicken for a looooong time... I have already been taught so much by God and he has surely humbled me. People in other states that I have never met are praying for me daily because they know my grandparents. Opportunities have arose for my family because of the prayer poured into this crazy experiment I thought I would try. God is so in this. I am both excited and a little nervous to see what he does with me through these 7 months.   
Thank you Jesus for my 7 foods. Thank you so much.

2 comments :

  1. It's so awesome that you're doing this! I don't have the willpower for something like that. It's funny how much Americans talk about food. My friend once had a German exchange student staying with her who told us how surprised she was that we talked about food so much. Any time there was an awkward silence someone offered her food!
    xx Heidi
    http://heidis1haven.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! It is so true!! I never realized it either until I started this but everyone talks about food all the time! SO crazy.. I am definitely not talking about it very much now that I don't have many options :)
      xoxo,
      Juliana Grace

      Delete

Go ahead and leave me a comment! I will get back to you as soon as I can!